[Userinvolvement] Reports on parliamentary records and COST Actions

darja darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si
Wed Apr 26 14:10:13 CEST 2017

Dear all,

as announced, I’m sending you two reports we have been working on with Jakob Lenardič in the past couple of months.

1. An overview of the available Parliamentary records and corpora that was prepared in the context of the recent CLARIN-PLUS workshop in Sofia: https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1019-Parliamentary-data-report.docx <https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1019-Parliamentary-data-report.docx>

Our motivation for this report is to identify to what extent these resources exist and are easily available for all CLARIN member countries, check which information about the resources is available, and highlight the aspects in which accessibility of these corpora as well as the presentation of the relevant information can be optimised from a User Involvement perspective. As you can see from the report, Parliamentary corpora are available for nearly all CLARIN member countries, which is very good news. However, it is not easy to find many of them through VLO, and some of them could benefit from more comprehensive metadata. This is why we have put together a set of optimization recommendations that would improve recall and ranking of these corpora in VLO with the help from Dieter, Twan and Menzo.

Comments and suggestions are welcome, as are updates of any information which we might have missed, we would be happy to prepare an updated version at the end of the year or so.

2. An overview of CLARIN’s involvement in COST Actions: https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1018-COST-actions-report.docx <https://office.clarin.eu/v/CE-2017-1018-COST-actions-report.docx>

Here our aim is to outline the available COST Actions instruments that could be used to increase user engagement, uptake and dissemination for CLARIN, and to give an overview of current COST Action membership by the national consortia in the COST Actions most relevant for CLARIN. We provide links to COST Action membership with emails so that national consortia can easily get in touch with the researchers working on a particular topic in their country to expand their user base. We also suggest the most relevant new COST Actions national consortia could join for promoting and increasing the uptake of their resources, tools and services at the national as well as international level.

Comments and suggestions are much appreciated as well as feedback on any successful new links established based on this report.

Best,

Darja

—
Univerza v Ljubljani
Filozofska fakulteta	doc. dr. Darja Fišer, Assistant Professor
http://lojze.lugos.si/darja/

Oddelek za prevajalstvo / Department of translation

Filozofska fakulteta / Faculty of arts

Aškerčeva cesta 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija / Slovenia

darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si <mailto:darja.fiser at ff.uni-lj.si>, www.ff.uni-lj.si <http://www.ff.uni-lj.si/>

 <http://www.uni-lj.si/>