[Userinvolvement] CLARIN User Involvement round-up

Martin Wynne martin.wynne at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 17:35:54 CET 2016

** CLARIN-PLUS Workshops **

Planning for the first CLARIN-PLUS user workshop in April 2016 in Oxford
is well under way, and the outline can be seen here:

https://www.clarin.eu/event/2016/exploring-spoken-word-data-oral-history-archives

We are still looking for nominations for participants to this event.
Please get in touch first with your national coordinator before Tuesday
23rd February if you have suggestions.

As you know, this is only the first of a series of workshops, and we
need your input to help us put together the content. Each workshop
focusses on activity around a particular data type, and forthcoming
themes are newspaper collections, parliamentary records and social
media. Please contribute your suggestions for people, research projects,
resources and tools  to the following group discussion page:

https://www.clarin.eu/group-discussion/clarin-plus-thematic-workshops

** Researching migration **

We would like to investigate the possibilities for engaging in a number
of activities all relating to the theme of 'migration'. Please add any
information that you have about research activities, resources and tools
relevant to this topic as comments to the following group discussion page:

https://www.clarin.eu/group-discussion/migration-clarin-research-theme

** Gathering information about user involvement **

Please don't forget that we have a webform for gathering information
about user involvement activities, to help us to have a Europe-wide
picture of what is going on. Submit details of your events, projects and
other activities here:

https://www.clarin.eu/group-page/webform-submitting-user-involvement-activities

** Mailing list and group web pages **

If you would like us to add or remove anyone from your country to this
mailing list, please let me know. Also, in order to access the user
involvement group webpages, you need to be added to the group, so please
let me know if you want to be added. Anyone active in CLARIN is welcome
to be added to the group.

--
Martin Wynne
IT Services, University of Oxford