[Tf-curation] links in CLARIAH-DE repository

Stefan E. Funk funk at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Oct 24 15:45:24 CEST 2019

Hi Dieter.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention! Please see answers below...

Am 24.10.19 um 13:37 schrieb Dieter Van Uytvanck:
> Dear Stefan,
>
> (adding our curation taskforce and Dirk to keep them in the loop)
>
> As you can see at
> https://vlo.clarin.eu/?0&fq=collection:DARIAH-DE+Repository&fqType=collection:or
> the DARIAH-DE repository has now been harvested and integrated into the VLO.
>
> There are however a few issues I would like to discuss:
>
> (1) usability and configuration
>
> https://vlo.clarin.eu/record?2&count=552&docId=hdl_58_21.11113_47_0000-000B-CA34-7&fq=collection:DARIAH-DE+Repository&fqType=collection:or&index=1&tab=resources
>
> has a link to
>
> http://hdl.handle.net/21.11113/0000-000B-CA34-7
>
> the Download link there does not deliver any KML but instead a Turtle
> file. This is quite puzzling for most users I would think.

This is the data file for the collection itself, and this is organised
in TTL manner. Maybe we can think of a better visualization...

> I understand that at the bottom of the page the parts of the collection
> are mentioned, eg
>
> https://hdl.handle.net/21.11113/0000-000B-CA35-6
>
> which leads to a KML file. However if you then click the download button
> the downloaded file by default gets the extension .data and the
> content-type is "application/octet-stream"
>
> Wouldn't it be an option to change this into .kml and the corresponding
> mime type?

Yes, some times mimetypes are not correctly (or not at all) handled. Bug
report is already added
<https://projects.gwdg.de/projects/dariah-de-repository/work_packages/29842>.
Thanks a lot.

> (2) language data
>
> There is a lot of data into this collection that has nothing to do with
> language material, just to give an example:
>
> https://repository.de.dariah.eu/1.0/dhcrud/21.11113/0000-000B-D8CC-C
>
> which is describing a text file with python libraries:
>
> https://repository.de.dariah.eu/1.0/dhcrud/21.11113/0000-000B-D8CC-C/data
>
> or https://repository.de.dariah.eu/1.0/dhcrud/21.11113/0000-000B-D555-5
>
> which contains a photo
>
> I think this point is more fundamental. It would be good to have some
> common understanding about what materials we think should be in the VLO.
> Would you have some time next week to discuss this?
>
> E.g. on Tuesday? Feel free to invite other colleagues that could
> contribute to such a discussion.

We will discuss this internally and then get back to you asap.

All the best.
*fu*

--
Stefan E. Funk
Abteilung Forschung & Entwicklung

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen
D-37070 Göttingen

Papendiek 14 (Historisches Gebäude, Raum 2.409)
+49 551 39-27700 (Tel)

funk at sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://www.rdd.sub.uni-goettingen.de