[Tf-curation] Next CMDI/Curation TF meeting

Pavel Stranak stranak at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Oct 25 18:13:07 CEST 2018

Hi Twan,

I had a look at the notes and also the Best Practices document. I see no mention anywhere of something like a requirement for minimal standard CLARIN metadata. We discussed it a long time ago, I believe Jan Odijk initiated it. Is it completely out of interest of the TFs now, either because it turned out impossible to agree on anything, or maybe because we turned out to all implement suitable minimal set even without rules?

I mean really basic things like:
- English MD required, other languages possible
- Everything has a title, author and description (in English, see point 1), data files (as opposed to software) also have a language
- ISO 639-3 is used for language
- Everything has a license (since without it data can as well not be there, nobody is allowed to use it)

This is pretty much it, from the top of my head.

Best,
Pavel