[Tf-curation] curation-related request about the Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid Academia collectie

Odijk, J.E.J.M. (Jan) j.odijk at uu.nl
Tue Jan 30 13:29:57 CET 2018

Dear Dieter,
I Will look into this matter when I am back from my holidays
Jan

Sent from my iPad

On 30 Jan 2018, at 13:15, Dieter Van Uytvanck <dieter at clarin.eu<mailto:dieter at clarin.eu>> wrote:

Dear Jan,

Recently during a meeting on the quality of the metadata in the VLO the Beeld en Geluid academia collection<https://vlo.clarin.eu/?fqType=collection:or&fq=collection:Nederlands+Instituut+voor+Beeld+en+Geluid+Academia+collectie> was brought up as a source of problematic metadata, mainly because:

  *   the metadata per record is rather sparse and purely in Dutch (example<https://vlo.clarin.eu/data/clarin/results/cmdi/Nederands_Instituut_voor_Beeld_en_Geluid_OAI_PMH_repository/oai_beeldengeluid_nl_Expressie_3844948.xml>), leading to many "noise" entries for the facet Subject
  *   access to these resources is limited (to a subset<https://www.academia.nl/licentiehouders> of the Dutch academic organisations)

Since I realize it was not trivial to create all this metadata during the CLARIN-NL project, I was wondering what your opinion on this is. Could it be an option to remove this collection from the VLO?

best regards,

--
Dieter Van Uytvanck
Technical Director CLARIN ERIC