[Tf-curation] next CMDI best practices meeting

Neeme Kahusk neeme.kahusk at ut.ee
Fri Feb 10 16:17:04 CET 2017

Hi All,

Meanwhile, in Tartu, Estonia, a CLARIN Workshop - "Towards Interoperability of Lexico-Semantic Resources" took place, the main topic of which was Wordnet.  One of the issues that was rised during the workshop was, how well Wordnets are represented in CLARIN VLO.   It turned out that there are many ways to describe a wordnet-type resource.  For example, in VLO facets, there is a facet Resource type, that may have values “LexicalConceptualResource” or “WordNet”.  Polish WordNet will come out, if Resource type is WordNet, Hungarian, Spanish or Serbian if Resource type is LexicalConceptualResource.  Estonian or Finnish wordnet would not come out with either facet values, although their resource type is “lexicalConceptualResource” and lexicalConceptualResourceType is wordnet.

I would like to suggest the Wordnets case as an example, how to create best practices of one resource of a particluar kind.  This could be one topic for agenda of the upcoming CMDI Best Practices meeting.

Best wishes,

Neeme