[Tf-curation] lindat profile mappings to VLO

Thomas Eckart teckart at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jun 30 14:55:54 CEST 2016

Hi Francesca,

> 1) Mapping of keywords - this was already discussed in Utrecht
>
> Lindat keywords are correctly exported in CMDI, and are mapped onto this
> concept
> http://hdl.handle.net/11459/CCR_C-278_336dd81a-626b-713e-c74a-34fa2ca26a71
the 4.0 release of the VLO will contain CCC_C-278 for the keyword facet
(see Github: [1]). If it is not extremely urgent, just wait some weeks... ;)

> 2) Which link is used for the "RESOURCES" Icon in the VLO.
>
> Take this resource in Lindat:
> _https://lindat.mff.cuni.cz/repository/xmlui/handle/11234/1-1743_
>
> As you can see, this entry has both a "project url" and also a deposited
> resource.
>
> But in the VLO what I see is just the project url, mapped onto the
> RESOURCES icon. Is this correct? In my opinion by clicking on the icon
> you should either go back to the LINDAT page, or download the resource.
The VLO uses all ResourceProxys contained in the CMDI file of type
"Resource" for these link. Your CMDI file just contains two
ResourceProxys that can be used by the VLO:
-a "landing page" (http://hdl.handle.net/11234/1-1743) -> "Show the
original provider's page for this record" in the VLO
-one "Resource" with the URL "http://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/deltacorpus"

If you want to have a direct link to the download, you have to add a
ResourceProxy of type "Resource" containing the exact URL.

Best,
Thomas

[1]
https://github.com/clarin-eric/VLO/blob/development-4.0/vlo-commons/src/main/resources/facetConcepts.xml#L517