[Tf-aai] SAML Attribute Authorities in the CLARIN SPF feed - what to do?

Martin Matthiesen martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Mon Oct 14 14:45:55 CEST 2019

Hi André,

I actually do have experience with an AA, we use it to authorize CLARIN RES resources[1].

It seems at least some of the AAs are IdPs at the same time, like Hamburg: https://saml.clarin.eu/metadata/%7Bsha1%7D9a19c80b74964715f346276ab8e879d302a79e21.html

I suspect that most of the AAs are in fact IdP/AA combinations.

I think pure AAs do not make a lot of sense in general metadata, since by definition you use them to authorize resources that require more information than just the usual IdP attributes. In my case the AA that authorizes users to use corpora on korp.csc.fi which are authorized by lbr.csc.fi is not published to any external metadata, not Haka, eduGAIN or SPF.

Regards,
Martin

[1] See slide 36 here: https://www.deic.dk/sites/default/files/uploads/PDF/Martin_Matthiesen_REMS_at_the_Language_Bank_of_Finland.pdf (somewhat outdated, but the principle is still the same).
--
Martin Matthiesen
CSC - Tieteen tietotekniikan keskus
+358 9 457 2376, martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Public key : https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x74B12876FD890704
Fingerprint: AA25 6F56 5C9A 8B42 009F  BA70 74B1 2876 FD89 0704