[Tf-aai] AAI: US institutions and eduGAIN

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter at clarin.eu
Mon Nov 11 10:15:49 CET 2019

On 08/11/2019 10:54, Martin Wynne wrote:
> Dear Dieter,
>
> Since we launched the new OTA on the DSpace platform with Shibboleth
> authentication, I've had a number of requests from users in US
> institutions requesting access. One of them has said that since they are
> part of the InCommon Federation, which is part of eduGAIN, they think
> they should be able to sign in, but their institution (University of
> Nevada at Reno) doesn't appear in our list. Do you know what the
> situation is with US universities and eduGAIN?

Hi Martin,

(adding the AAI taskforce)

Interesting indeed, I cannot find them either when logging in via

https://ota.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/repository/xmlui/

I can find them however in our new eduGAIN-enabled beta discovery service:

https://discovery.clarin-dev.eu/feed/edugain

I noticed that your DSpace installation is still using
discojuice.org-hosted services. As the support will seize end of this
year, that seem to be 2 good reasons to switch to the
discovery.clarin.eu service.

Today we will send out a centre news with more details on this (launch
expected on Thu).

best,
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck