[Tf-aai] AAI-News (includes questions)

Martin Matthiesen martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Wed Feb 1 13:23:11 CET 2017

Hello,

The year is already a month old, time for some updates on this channel.

* Trust & Internet Identity Meeting Europe 22.-23. Feb. 2017

CLARIN has been tradionally taking part in the meetingin Vienna, I wonder who of you apart from me is considering going or has already registered?

* SPF to pilot the Haka 2-factor proxy

Haka is developing a 2-factor capable IdP-Proxy. I have tested it already, it already supports Google Authenticator and SMS-based verification, more methods are to be added, all the way up to identification via bank credentials (popular in Finland [1])
This proxy could solve metadata registration issues the SPF has with Haka, so the SPF will be a first pilot user of this service. The proxy turns Haka into a Hub and Spoke Federation of sorts and it is possible to leave the 2. factor unused.

* Slightly off-topic: Sensitive data

We at the Language Bank are preparing for the storage and distribution of sensitive data (classified here as "ST III / Confidential, see [2]), accessing this data requires strong 2-factor authentication. It seems that this has not been widely done within CLARIN, I'd be interested to share experiences.

Regards,
Martin

[1] http://www.vero.fi/taxcard (to get an idea, click sign in)
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classified_information#Table_of_equivalent_classification_markings_in_various_countries