[Tf-aai] CLARIN and the Arnes Identity Federation

Tomaž Erjavec Tomaz.Erjavec at ijs.si
Tue Feb 2 16:33:54 CET 2016

Dear Dieter,
sorry for the late reply on this, it got buried in my emails..

Dieter Van Uytvanck je 13/01/2016 ob 18:22 napisal:
> On 12/01/16 21:17, Tomaž Erjavec wrote:
>> we've noticed that on
>> http://www.clarin.eu/content/service-provider-federation
>> Slovenia, i.e. ArnesAAI is specified as only partially connected, and
>> also doesn't have the OK status for Attribute release and Opt-in, but it
>> is not really clear to us why.
>> Is this just some old info in the table, or we really should do
>> something to become fully connected? Could you pls. help?
> Dear Tomaž,
>
> (AAI taskforce in CC)
>
> As to the "partially connected" - this is because not all Slovenian IdPs
> are in eduGAIN. I would be very helpful if you could have a look at
> those which are available via
>
> https://discovery.clarin.eu/discojuice
>
> and the full list of Slovenian IdPs to see if there are important user
> organisations missing in our list. In that case we could try to convince
> them to opt-in to eduGAIN.
I had a look, and, as far as I can tell, the most important institutions
are there, i.e. our institute (of course:), the Slovenian academic
network ARNES (through which most Slovenian researchers have access) and
three of the four Slovenian universities. There are also some more
institutes and also a rather bizzare mix of elementary and secondary
schools. Of course there could be more (e.g. more research institutes)
but we don't really have any mechanism to require / request them to join
eduGain or even know who exactly they are of who the contact persons
are.. I think those that see the benefits have already joined and the
rest might follow at their own pace.
But, as said, the important academic institutions are there.
> As to the "opt-in" and "attribute release" - we have not filled in yet
> anything as we still need to run a larger test set. This is something
> that will be done in CLARIN+ in the coming months.
>
> If you want you could of course already start some tests for the
> attribute release and report in the way of
> http://www.clarin.eu/content/report-federated-identity-attribute-release
I had a look at those that LINDAT checks, and all the Slovene ones are
ok. For the rest, I think we'd wait for CLARIN+!
All the best,
Tomaž