[Tf-aai] Developments in AAI/Meetings in Vienna

Martin Matthiesen martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Fri Dec 4 17:17:59 CET 2015

Dear Taskforce,

It has been a while, I wonder whether we can organise a meeting still in 2015? If I get 5-6 replies I'll send a Doodle.

Recent developments:

There was a FIM4R/eduGAIN/Refeds/EWTI-meeting in Vienna 30.11.-3.12. Clarin was represented by myself(30.11./1.12), Dieter (30.11.) and Jozef (whole time) and in spirit by Daan, who was there for EUDAT on 30.11.

We did not present any SPF status report. Maybe we should have done, but while my impression was that things had not moved massively in eduGAIN (as we could observe during the last year), I still found the atmosphere friendlier than expected.

Nicole Harris and Ann Harding from Geant requested numbers on coverage SPF vs. eduGAIN, I volunteered to provide them. Turns out they are not as easy to come by as I thought, I will send them to you first for comments.

Us present tried to highlight the ongoing trust issues between SPs and IdPs. The main "news" for me was indeed that I expected much more indifference and/or hostility.

This as a first short overview, I intend to send a bit longer version next week, with some concrete observations.

Have a nice weekend!

Martin

Fim4R: http://fim4r.daasi.de/?page_id=21
eduGAIN/Refeds: https://refeds.org/meetings/31st-meeting-december-2015

--
Martin Matthiesen
CSC - Tieteen tietotekniikan keskus
+358 9 457 2376, martin.matthiesen at csc.fi
Public key : https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x74B12876FD890704
Fingerprint: AA25 6F56 5C9A 8B42 009F  BA70 74B1 2876 FD89 0704