[Standards] CSC at clarin.eu visiting card

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Mon Mar 9 10:25:57 CET 2020

Dear Christian,

Thanks for the additions to both documents. As far as your notes on the
current state of the "Standards" page are concerned, I would
respectfully suggest that we do not invest time into close reading of
the text that was put there years ago -- in good faith and given the
then-current information and needs, but rather push on, perhaps even
avoiding building on the existing state and having a go at it from scratch.

I think we should definitely be able to devote some time to that in
Utrecht -- one way or another, we as the CSC should aim at publishing
some clear proof of our work both during the hands-on in Utrecht and up
till then.

I'd rather not trace the individual edits in the "visiting card" doc,
but it seems to me that you have pasted there material from two
different pages. Let me stress that only one of them is "ours" to
populate, and I wanted to talk about the other one, but not really today
-- rather at the point when we have something concrete for the one
that's ours and want to synchronize information across the two.

I would prefer to keep today's meeting relatively short (I have another
telco after this one that I wasn't able to wiggle out from -- deadlines,
deadlines...) and "attack" the web content hands-on, when we meet in
Utrecht and after we're done with the "big thing". I think that way we
may be most productive and get most satisfaction out of that, too.

Best wishes and see you soon :-)

   Piotr