[Standards] all-in-one

Piotr Banski banski at ids-mannheim.de
Fri Dec 13 04:05:04 CET 2019

Dear all,

This is an announcement, a request, an update, and a reminder -- all
wrapped in a single colourful package.

1. Announcement(s):

1.1. I have gone over the minutes document, with my two sets of notes
and my feeble memory. The result is at the familiar address [1]. I'd
like to thank Christian again for producing a useful set of notes, to
which I was able to add. Any errors are mine (and please kindly point
them out in the comments or edit the text, in the suggestion mode, if
needed).

1.2. I have defined a doodle for the Feb meeting [2], already with a
realization that I will not be available at some of the dates at the end
of February, because of a planned work trip. For that reason, and also
because the date we chose for March is at the end of the month, I
allowed the doodle to spill over onto the 1st week of March. I also
added three slots on Monday the 9th, because that is the only Monday
that I can offer across these three weeks.

1.3. I have also opened another document with the agenda of the February
meeting [3]. It has some suggestions/reminders on what can be done
before the meeting

1.4. I have also opened a (currently nearly empty, but I'm sure you will
appreciate the noble intent! :-) ) a document for gathering ideas for
our presentation space [4]

2. Request(s)

2.1. I would be extremely grateful if you could, at some point before
February, but preferably while your memory of our last meeting is still
fresh, have a look at the minutes [1] and see if I have represented the
meeting and your contributions faithfully enough. This will allow us to
quickly accept the minutes at the February meeting and move on to the
essential topics. Thanks in advance!

2.2. Please consider addressing point 1.2 (doodle) until *January 3rd*,
so that we know when to reserve the time for the telco in our calendars.

2.3. Obviously, you are very welcome to address the February agenda [3]
(we want to keep it focused, but I felt I should at least formally
announce the SSK, because we need to at least keep it on the horizon,
and, relatively soonish, to consider influencing or creating some
scenarios), and to share your ideas on the presentation space [4].

3. Update

3.1. I have exchanged several messages with Steven Krauwer concerning
the fate of our pilot questionnaire concerning expert competences. It
was supposed to be reviewed by the KSIC in late November, but they had
to postpone their meeting to January. I will update you as soon as
there's something new to report.

3.2. Linda Stokman is going to let us know about the hotel availability
for March 26-27 in Utrecht

4. Reminder

Some of us may still want to have a look at, and comment on, the
Interoperability Committee document shared by Jan [5]. Jan has requested
comments (or even statements that one has no comment) until the end of
the month.

-----

Speaking of colourful packages: since this might be my last message this
year, I wish you a happy holiday season and a good start into the new
year! :-)

-----

Links:

[1]