[Standards] FW: CLARIN Questionnaire - Invitation to edit

Odijk, J.E.J.M. (Jan) j.odijk at uu.nl
Tue Oct 9 14:11:52 CEST 2018

Dear members of the Standards Committee,

Please find a link to a Google spreadsheet to specify your expertise:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tm9INEICSPvjWam_X8VC9bPrGNf2to6TV9HwG0Q4riY/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone with the link can edit. So be careful to not accidentally edit in information on another person.

You will find the names of the committee members in row 1. Please only fill out cells in a column under your own name.
If your name is missing, add it in row 1 in a new column (2 extra columns have no name in row 1 but are otherwise ready to be used.

The information to be provided follows the proposal by Piotr, but for the expertise I made some dropdown lists as discussed yesterday

Please only list a topic if you are a real expert on that topic.

There are options for

  *   Expertise Scientific Domain (with a dropdown list with common Humanities Disciplines)
  *   Expertise Linguistic Subdomain (with a dropdown list)
  *   Expertise Formats, Protocols, Standards Expertise (with a dropdown list)

For each of these there are multiple rows so you can fill multiple values.
If you need more than the rows available, locate the cursor on the last row of that type, right-click and  select Insert Row: a new row with the dropdown list cells will be created (above the current row); Copy the label in column A to this row, column A.

Use the cells with the dropdown list as much as possible. There are also some cell where you can enter values that are not in the dropdown lists. If you enter an illegal value in a cell with validation, you get a warning that you are using an illegal value. Correct the value (e.g. if it is a typo), or if it is a truly new value, put it in one of the free text cells.

We might of course add more fields with expertise (e.g. about tool functionality), but that is less crucial for this committee and we better experiment with this sheet first.

I filled out the information for myself already, so that provides an example. I declared myself to be an expert on ASCII! (and also some other things).

If you have any questions or remarks, do not hesitate to ask me!

Happy filling out!

Jan