[Standards] draft pilot on "text formats"

Penny Labropoulou penny at ilsp.gr
Wed Jun 6 11:29:48 CEST 2018

Dear Piotr,

Thank you very much for your proposal and sorry for the delay in replying!
I agree in principle with the main ideas that you outline - especially the
top-down "coarse" coupled with the bottom-up "adding features" approach, as
you suggest.
I have added some comments in the text, hoping they will add to the
discussion.
Once you move the tables in an online format, I think it'll be easier to
comment also on a more detailed base - I must confess that I have not made
a thorough check of all the contents of the tables.

Speaking about text formats, and as I told you at some point in Budapest,
in the context of another project, OpenMinTeD, we have worked on an
ontology for the metadata, including a node for text formats (still under
work). This was populated with a bottom-up approach, based on the formats
that the tools/services in the project consume and/or produce. Of course,
it doesn't go into details such as recommended, etc. and it is far from a
full list of all formats, but it might help to extend our current list of
formats. The link for the whole ontology is:
http://w3id.org/meta-share/omtd-share/, but if you have a webprotege
account, you might find it friendlier to check what's under "Data format"
at the link
https://webprotege.stanford.edu/#projects/4269d734-98c3-4f57-bde6-d855d6f6fd11/edit/Classes
.

Best,