[Standards] URGENT: namespace strings, vote on whether I can forward the proposal to the BoD

Daan Broeder daan.broeder at meertens.knaw.nl
Sun Oct 22 12:07:51 CEST 2017

Dear Piotr, all.

I think it’s fine if CLARIN would share its namespace with a standard agency as ISO, but should (as you suggest) keep control on what ends-up there.
That ‘control’ should I hope not take much of the CSC's time, it should not act as a second review pannel, it has, in the CLARIN context, far more urgent things to do. (On that subject I was hoping that the first CSC messages after Budapest would have been concerned with more practical challenges wrt. interoperability and formats. But I understand the window of opportunity aspect.)

g.
daan

---
Daan Broeder
Tel. +31 20 4628625
Daan.broeder at meertens.knaw.nl<mailto:Daan.broeder at meertens.knaw.nl>
Meertens Instituut (Afdeling Technische Ontwikkeling)
Oudezijds Achterburgwal 185
1012 DK Amsterdam

Postbus 10855
1001 EW Amsterdam