[Standards] https://www.clarin.eu/content/standards-and-formats

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter at clarin.eu
Mon Jul 3 17:09:46 CEST 2017

Dear Florian,

thank you very much for the feedback. I fully agree it would be good to
include recommendations on media files and annotation formats. Therefore
I am including our standards committee, which is responsible for this
matter.

In the meantime there is also quite a good bottom-up list of formats as
recommended by various CLARIN centres that are hosting
multimodal/multimedia datasets:

https://trac.clarin.eu/wiki/FormatRegistry

For those without access to the trac, I am including them inline:

http://www.phonetik.uni-muenchen.de/Bas/BasFormatseng.html
http://sldr-test.lpl-aix.fr/phpwiki/index.php/Formats
https://cocoon.huma-num.fr/exist/crdo/formats.htm
http://fedora.clarin-d.uni-saarland.de/ressources/AcceptedFormats.en.pdf
https://corpora.uni-hamburg.de/drupal/en/corpus-hosting
http://www.mpi.nl/corpus/html/lamus2/apa.html
http://agd.ids-mannheim.de/uebernahme.shtml

(more for brainstorming:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tjmp_sEZDHIqnFAU1erx2VtzyYdjbKdM7RQGNIUbWhs/edit)

It would be great if these guidelines could be somehow integrated into
the Standards an Formats page and the Standard guidance website.

best,
Dieter

--
Dieter Van Uytvanck