[Standards] introduction

Piotr Bański banski at ids-mannheim.de
Wed Mar 16 13:15:31 CET 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I have recently joined this list as part of my new position at IDS
Mannheim and I am writing this message to briefly introduce myself.

My name is Piotr Bański and I have worked at IDS Mannheim for a few
years now, having coordinated the KorAP project[1] until the completion
of its creation phase in mid-2015.

Since the beginning of 2016, I share my time between the programme area
of Research Infrastructures and the department of Grammar. At Grammar, I
work on creating a small parallel treebank aligned primarily with
respect to semantic-functional criteria. It is encoded in the TEI
instantiating ISOTiger, a ISO TC37 SC4 serialization of the SynAF
(Syntactic Annotation Framework) model. At Research Infrastructures, my
role will be among others to handle part of IDS's involvement in
standardization efforts, mostly those in the focus of the CLARIN
Standards Committee.

Apart from the above, I have the pleasure and honour to be co-convener
of the Special Interest Group "TEI for Linguists" within the Text
Encoding Initiative and an expert in the DIN mirror of ISO TC37 SC4.
Within Working Group 6 of TC37 SC4, I am co-leader of the CQLF (Corpus
Query Lingua Franca) project.

I am looking forward to participate in the work of the CLARIN Standards
Committee and in the exchange taking place on this mailing list.

With best regards,

   Piotr Bański

[1]: http://korap.ids-mannheim.de/

--