[Standards] [Dev] proposal: using a common mime type for TEI files

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter at clarin.eu
Fri Jun 17 13:43:56 CEST 2016

On 17/06/16 12:59, Sander Maijers wrote:
> After all, you would want a
> resource's metadata to be completely descriptive of such elementary
> aspects as internal structure and content of the TEI files, and not
> dependent on system configuration (served as custom media type x or y,
> as long as the server remains so configured).

Hi Sander,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

One side note: we are talking about detecting the mimetype as indicated
in the CMDI ResourceProxy attribute, see:

https://www.clarin.eu/faq/how-can-i-specify-additional-details-about-resourceproxy

So for the scenario VLO -> LR switchboard -> processing application

the system configuration would not be relevant, since the mimetype is
explicitly mentioned in the metadata. The key is to find agreement about
a simple and light-weight way of designating the variants of TEI.

best,

--
Dieter Van Uytvanck
Technical Director CLARIN ERIC