[Standards] [Dev] proposal: using a common mime type for TEI files

Bart Jongejan bartj at hum.ku.dk
Thu Jun 16 17:39:27 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am listening on the side line, and find this a very interesting and relevant question.

I cannot think of many useful operations that one could perform on TEI files of all flavours.
* Count the numbers of different element types
* Checking well-formedness
* Extract text
* Checking whether the file has the flavour that tool T  likes.

What else?

I think it is inevitable to scan TEI-input before deciding to hand it over to a tool that might choke on "wrong" input.

Best
Bart