[CLARIN-OH] CLARIN Oral History workshop: follow-up

Martin Wynne martin.wynne at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 29 14:17:40 CEST 2016

Dear Participants,

Many thanks again to all of you for your excellent input into what was,
I think, a very interesting and useful workshop. As we discussed in
Oxford, the workshop is only the start of a number of collaborative
activities, where we try to put into practice many of the ideas. As some
of you will know, the experiment to carry out forced alignment on a
number of OH recordings and to align text and audio in different
languages is already well underway, and the participants will soon be
able to post some results, and a 'how-to'.

To facilitate this and the other ongoing collaborations, we have created
an email discussion list (oral-history at lists.clarin.eu), and Arjan has
set up a folder on the Google Drive, at the following location:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2G6WZS1ASJMVTB2QnF5WFNkbjA

You should be able to see a document there summarizing the outcomes and
proposed actions from the meeting. Since we don't know which google or
other account you would like to use to access this, please request
access for your chosen account when you would like to edit one of the
pages there, and we'll grant you permission.

Please feel free to post to this list relevant information and
contributions to the discussions. I have also included on the email list
two other people, who were not able to attend the workshop due to other
commitments, but who are keen to participate in ongoing actions. Both
provided summaries of their interests and activities in the 'Input from
participants' document:

  Christoph Draxler, Institut für Phonetik und Sprachverarbeitung, LMU
München (draxler at phonetik.uni-muenchen.de)
  Gabor Toth, University of Passau and German Historical Institute
(gabor.toth at maximilianeum.de)

We'll circulate more information soon once we have decided on a
procedure for gathering information for the registry of archives in
Europe, and once the videos of the lectures are online. If anyone wants
to drop off the discussion list at any point, please feel free to follow
the instructions to unsubscribe, or just get in touch with me.

Best wishes,
Martin

--
Martin Wynne