[CLARIN-LIB] CLARIN and Libraries workshop open for registration

Martin Wynne martin.wynne at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 15:31:49 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I am pleased to report that the CLARIN and Libraries workshop will now
definitely take place, We have been planning for some time, and the
workshop has suffered several postponements and changes of plan, but now
we are ready for a meeting in person.

The meeting will take place at the KB, de nationale bibliothek (Royal
Library of the Netherlands) in the Hague from lunchtime on Monday 9th
until early afternoon the following day, Tuesday 10th May.

Full details of the event are available here:
https://www.clarin.eu/event/2022/clarin-and-libraries

If you would like to attend, please fill in the simple registration form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfB5FhuWE8SsrJY1zC6YoMn8feQb0BlaNNIbH_MQRF-YEInw/viewform>
.

Participation is by invitation only, in order for us to keep track of
costs and in order to try to ensure a wide, varied and productive
participation. Everyone who is currently on this list is invited. If you
have suggestions for further people to invite, or another to take your
place, please let me know.

The workshop is funded by CLARIN ERIC
(https://www.clarin.eu/content/clarin-workshops). There is no
registration fee. Lunch is provided on both days and you are invited to
dinner in a restaurant on the Monday evening. In addition CLARIN can pay
up to €250 travel expenses, and up to €150 hotel accommodation.

Participants should pay their own travel and accommodation and claim
back their expenses up to the agreed limits via an expenses form that
will be made available to them after registration. The timings have been
designed so that most participants need stay for only one night. If your
travel arrangements mean that you need to stay more than one night,
please let us know.

We are not planning online participation, but we will share the
presentations, as well as writing a blog post reporting on the event,
and we will keep the discussion going on this email list. So, if you are
not able to attend on this occasion, there will still be the opportunity
to get involved with these activities.

We look forward to seeing many of you at the KB in May! Please go ahead
and make your travel plans if you are planning to come along, and let me
know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Martin Wynne, Andreas Witt and Martijn Kleppe

--
Senior Researcher in Corpus Linguistics
Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics, University of Oxford
martin.wynne at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk