[Ig-fedora] Fedora in the CLARIN infrastructure

David Wilcox dwilcox at duraspace.org
Fri Nov 6 16:59:15 CET 2020

Hi Felix,

I’m glad to hear you’re making progress with testing Fedora 6 and the migration utility. I checked with the Fedora tech leads regarding your issue and they said they would likely be able to help you resolve it - they just need a few more details.

Can you create an issue in the Fedora JIRA [1] that includes a detailed description of the issue (e.g. information on your Fedora 3 external datastreams, the Fedora 6 stack trace, etc.)? Let me know if you do not already have an account and I will create one for you (the JIRA and Confluence wiki can be accessed using the same account).

Regarding the API, there are no anticipated changes at this point. The search API is a new addition in Fedora 6.0 but it does not alter the existing API, which remains compatible with the published specification and Fedora 5.x.

Let me know if you run into any other issues - I’m sure the tech team would be happy to help you resolve problems as they arise. We plan to release an Alpha next week, which will be mostly feature complete, and a Beta is expected by the end of the year.

Regards,

David

[1] https://jira.lyrasis.org/browse/FCREPO