[Dev] CLARIN SPF metadata submission workflow changed.

André Moreira andre at clarin.eu
Thu Oct 5 16:52:59 CEST 2017

Dear CLARIN SP administrators,

As of today we have migrated our CLARIN SPF metadata infrastructure to a new Docker based setup. This does not entail any action from your side. All existing SP/IdP setups should work the same as before. However, unforeseen problems can always appear, so if you find any problem please report it to us.

This said, we took advantage to improve some issues we were not happy with in the metadata submission workflow (for SPs).
The new workflow makes use of GitHub's pull request and CI capabilities, in order to make simpler the process of updating the SPs' metadata (one can now make the desired metadata changes without ever leaving the GitHub web interface). Also the pull request strategy, allows us to better isolate the source, staging and production versions of our SPs metadata.
As a consequence, we have migrated our current SVN repository for the SPs' metadata, to the clarin-eric GitHub repository (see https://github.com/clarin-eric/SPF-SPs-metadata <https://github.com/clarin-eric/SPF-SPs-metadata>).

You can find detailed instructions about the new metadata submission workflow in our trac:
https://trac.clarin.eu/wiki/ServiceProviderFederation#ChangingtheSAMLmetadataaboutSPFSPs

More general information for newcomers can be found here:
https://www.clarin.eu/content/creating-and-testing-shibboleth-sp (point 2)
And of course in the publicly accessible GitHub repository page itself: https://github.com/clarin-eric/SPF-SPs-metadata

If you have any problem, remark or suggestion regarding the new setup and workflow, please let us know via spf at clarin.eu

Kind regards,