[Dev] Maintenance to CMDI infrastructure on 2016-07-07 and 2016-07-08

Twan Goosen twan at clarin.eu
Mon Jul 4 14:20:30 CEST 2016

Dear all,

Next Thursday, 7 July, we will update CLARIN's metadata infrastructure,
adding support for CMDI 1.2. As a result, the Component Registry and the
VLO will be unavailable at times throughout the day while we carry out
the required updates. We will add more detailed information with respect
to the status and planning to the service monitor page on the CLARIN
website[1] as it becomes available. There may be some additional
downtime for these services on 8 July as well.

As stated before, these updates will *not* affect existing CMDI
components, profiles and instances, and no immediate action from the
centres will be required. After the update all components and profiles
will be ready for CMDI 1.2 but also still available in their current
state. New metadata instances can then be created using either CMDI 1.1
or CMDI 1.2, even with newly created profiles. There will be facilities
to convert existing metadata, although conversion is not mandatory as
CMDI 1.1 will keep being supported. More information about CMDI 1.2 can
also be found on the CLARIN website[2]. Additional information will
become available soon after the deployment via the CLARIN website and
various mailing lists.

If you have questions or notice problems with any part of the
infrastructure outside this timeslot, please contact the system
administrators (sysops at clarin.eu) or CMDI developers (cmdi at clarin.eu).

Best,
Twan

[1] https://www.clarin.eu/status