[Dev] Metadata modelling question

Sander Maijers sander at clarin.eu
Fri Feb 12 19:00:00 CET 2016

Hi,

A clarification of the links I gave:
https://github.com/clarin-eric/cmdi-toolkit/tree/cmdi-1.1/toolkit
<https://github.com/clarin-eric/cmdi-toolkit/tree/cmdi-1.1/toolkit/xslt> ==
https://infra.clarin.eu/cmd/xslt/

Best,
Sander
--
*Sent as system administrator and engineer for CLARIN*
*Please send inquiries about specific services to the corresponding e-mail
address*
*See https://www.clarin.eu/content/support
<https://www.clarin.eu/content/support>*

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics <https://tla.mpi.nl/>, software
developer
personal Skype: sander.maijers | work address: Wundtlaan 1, 6525 XD,
Nijmegen (NL)

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Sander Maijers <sander at clarin.eu> wrote:

> [...]
> the CMDI toolkit 1.1 branch on the Git repo.
>
> What is the relation with the Git repo you just referred to? It would be
> best and least confusing if all changes are made on
> https://github.com/clarin-eric/cmdi-toolkit and the Harvest Manager
> depends on that via a git submodule.
>
> Best,
> Sander
> --
> *Sent as system administrator and engineer for CLARIN*
> *Please send inquiries about specific services to the corresponding e-mail
> address*
> *See https://www.clarin.eu/content/support
> <https://www.clarin.eu/content/support>*
>
> Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics <https://tla.mpi.nl/>,
> software developer
> personal Skype: sander.maijers | work address: Wundtlaan 1, 6525 XD,
> Nijmegen (NL)
>

> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Windhouwer, Menzo <
> Menzo.Windhouwer at mpi.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jörg,
>>
>> If so, you might try
>>

>> https://github.com/TheLanguageArchive/oai-harvest-manager/blob/master/src/main/resources/olac2cmdi.xsl
>>
>> which is newer and actively maintained. Fixes (or bug reports ;-) are
>> welcome!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Menzo
>> --
>> The Language Archive – tla.mpi.nl
>>
>> From: <dev-bounces at lists.clarin.eu> on behalf of Dieter van Uytvanck <
>> dieter at clarin.eu>
>> Date: Friday 12 February 2016 at 17:28
>> To: developers list CLARIN <dev at lists.clarin.eu>
>> Subject: Re: [Dev] Metadata modelling question
>>
>> Hi Jörg,
>>
>> are you using https://infra.clarin.eu/cmd/xslt/olac2cmdi.xsl ? Since it
>> should recognize the role (if I look at the code).
>>
>> If you're using that version there must be a bug in the XSLT, hope you
>> can track it down!
>>
>> best,
>> Dieter
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:57 PM, "Jörg Knappen" <jknappen at web.de> wrote:
>>
>>> In our current curation project, I got some really nice and fine grained
>>> DC metadata with several orles of the
>>> contributors differentiated like this:
>>>
>>> <dc:contributor xsi:type="olac:role" olac:code="compiler">Con,
>>> Tributor</dc:contributor>
>>> <dc:contributor xsi:type="olac:role" olac:code="depositor">Con,
>>> Tributor</dc:contributor>
>>>
>>> The olac2cmdi XSLT script just removes the subdivisions of the
>>> contributors, leaving only levelled out information
>>> like this:
>>>
>>>      <OLAC-DcmiTerms>
>>>
>>>          <contributor>Con, Tributor</contributor>
>>>          <contributor>Con, Tributor</contributor>
>>>
>>>      </OLAC-DcmiTerms>
>>>
>>> Thus, some information from the DC metadata is lost in the resulting
>>> CMDI.
>>>
>>> So, my questions are:
>>>
>>> 1. Should I care about the information loss? Is the information relevant
>>> for further processing in the VLO?
>>> 2. If I should care, what should I do?
>>> 3. If I don't care, should I remove duplicate lines from the CMDI