[Dev] LINDAT/CLARIN is hiring

Pavel Stranak stranak at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Dec 2 15:12:04 CET 2014

Dear all,

we are looking for a good developer to join the team of our LINDAT/CLARIN centre. Come live in Prague, it is nice here.

Pavel

-------

Charles University in Prague, School of Computer Science

is seeking a

Developer of Natural Language Processing Services

to be responsible for the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and expansion of a NLP applications and services being used globally for processing, accessing and searching language resources for advanced technology development as well as for their research use in the humanities.

The Engineer will additionally work with other Digital Library Services over Europe in several international projects. She or he will be part of a young international team with full IT support, nice and stimulating workplace in the historic center of Prague, Czech Republic.

We offer competitive salary according to University IT position scale depending on applicant’s skills and previous experience.

Required skills:
----------------
- programming of web applications and web services
- knowledge of web technologies (html, css, js, xml, xslt)
- knowledge of linux systems

Recommended skills:
- basic knowledge of common NLP processing tasks (tokenisation, morphology, tagging, syntactic parsing, etc.) is a significant advantage
- VCS (git, mercurial, svn) and management (Github, Trac, …)
- Python

Contact: Jan Hajic, hajic at ufal.mff.cuni.cz
Start: Jan. 1, 2015 (negotiable)
Duration: 1 years (with possible multi-year extension)
http://lindat.cz