[Dev] SMC Browser

Matej Durco xnrn at gmx.net
Sat Jan 26 20:01:27 CET 2013

Dear colleagues,

here is a somewhat evolved version of the teaser I sent around in November.

http://clarin.aac.ac.at/smc-browser

It is meant as an exploration tool for all the CMD/DCR data - expressed
as a graph.
(Data freshly fetched. All the data is precomputed and served from
static files, which are currently fetched completely on initialization,
so it can take a few moments on initial loading of the screen.)

There is a basic description of the functionality (userdocs)
and there are also some examples for inspiration:
http://clarin.aac.ac.at/smc-browser/examples.html

By far best performance seen in Chrome, followed by IE.
A serious performance degradation for graphs above 100 nodes on Firefox
(and over time).
And you better have a big screen.

The code is checked in in clarin-svn, but needs some reorganization,
before I would recommend to inspect it.
On the other hand, there is a number of open issues and planned further
features, where I would be very glad if someone wishes to collaborate.
http://clarin.aac.ac.at/smc-browser/userdocs.html
#Issues #Plans and ToDos

Looking forward to critical feedback.

best,