[Dev] Streaming server - experience?

Matej Durco xnrn at gmx.net
Thu Dec 19 16:09:45 CET 2013

Dear colleagues,

one of our partners within CLARIN-AT is planning to setup an audio
streaming server
with an important aspect being the ability to control the access to the
resource.
(i.e. allow streaming, but prevent downloading (or at least make it more
difficult))

I guess this is not quite in line with the overall Open Access strategy
of CLARIN,
but, well, we discussed this often enough, there are resources you dont
want to
or even may not spread without control.

So I thought, I'd tap the "community knowledge"
hoping somebody has some experience or even a solution for this
(preferably non-commercial).

Thank you in advance  for any ideas, hints, comments.

Best,
Matej