[Dev] migration downtime www.clarin.eu + Clarin IdP

Dieter Van Uytvanck dieter.vanuytvanck at mpi.nl
Fri Nov 9 14:23:44 CET 2012

On 31/10/12 17:08 , Dieter Van Uytvanck wrote:
> We are looking at reasonable dates to migrate the machine that powers
> the www.clarin.eu website (internal + external). This downtime would
> probably also influence the Clarin IdP. The current time slots are:
>
> 12 November (+ reserve slot 13 November)
> 3 December (+ reserve slot 4 December)

Dear developers,

We will stick to the first option (next Monday, November 12). Foreseen
effects:

- www.clarin.eu (and .../internal) will not be available for some time
- svn.clarin.eu and trac.clarin.eu will not be reachable for some time
(until a DNS entry change takes effect - difficult to estimate)

The good news is that nor the CLARIN IdP nor any of the other services
(Component Registry, VLO) will be influenced by this.

Afterwards we should have a new ems04.mpi.nl (=www.clarin.eu) with:

- latest Ubuntu Server edition (12.04 LTS)
- a drush-managed drupal (easier module upgrades)
- the CLARIN-EU svn repository
- the CLARIN-EU trac
- LVM-managed volumes
- (soon after migration) SSL-certificates for (www|svn|trac).clarin.eu

Especially moving the trac should result in a better usability (better
plugin support etc.)

best regards,
--
Dieter Van Uytvanck
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, the Netherlands