[All] Hydra Europe - flexible repository solutions for digital content management

Anders Sparre Conrad asc at kb.dk
Tue Dec 10 12:51:57 CET 2013

Apologies, if this content is on the edge of the scope for this list.

Although the content originates in a digital library context, I believe it to be equally relevant for research data repositories, such as the Clarin Centres.

Best Regards,
Anders

Anders Conrad, Senior Consultant
The Royal Library, Copenhagen
asc at kb.dk
+45 9132 4733

----

The Hydra project is an active worldwide community of libraries and archives that have come together to design and develop flexible open source repository solutions to meet the varied digital content management needs that are emerging within institutions today. Started in 2008, the project now has 20 partners all contributing to ongoing developments, and a wide range of implementations for different needs. Examples and further information can be found on the project website - http://projecthydra.org - and specific European examples are also listed below, which highlight the flexibility of the system and its use for a variety of applications and content types:

University of Hull institutional repository - http://hydra.hull.ac.uk
Museum of the Performing Arts (MAE) of the Theatre Institute of Barcelona - http://colleccions.cdmae.cat/
LSE digital library - http://digital.library.lse.ac.uk/
Royal Library of Denmark student self-deposit repository - http://dias.kb.dk/

The Hydra community is aiming to organise a Hydra Europe event in Spring 2014, comprising both technical and managerial strands. We are keen to ensure that this meeting focuses on the information needs of those who will attend and, to that end, if you are interested please email one of us (contact details below), highlighting particular digital content issues and/or aspects of Hydra you would find it most useful for the meeting to cover. We will be locating the meeting to make it as easy as possible for interested parties to travel to and so we would also welcome an indication from you as to whether your institution might be willing to host the meeting. Thank you.

If you are interested in attending (or hosting) please contact one of us using the details below:

Chris Awre, University of Hull, c.awre at hull.ac.uk<mailto:c.awre at hull.ac.uk>
Anders Sparre Conrad, Royal Library of Denmark, asc at kb.dk<mailto:asc at kb.dk>
Ed Fay, London School of Economics, e.fay at lse.ac.uk<mailto:e.fay at lse.ac.uk>